Anomaly is an ad agency that is located in seven different places all over the world. Some places include Toronto, Berlin, Los Angeles and the place where it all started New York City. Anomaly makes themselves not known as just another ad agency they are more than that. Their focus is on making a name for themselves and marketing themselves. They do this by working with major brands along with making their portfolio bigger to get more clients.

For creativity, Anomaly makes it where everyone is involved. Every partner from the design department has a hand in something great. Anomaly enjoys bringing on new people with innovative ideas and a fresh perspective for their client’s brief. On the tour of Anomaly, the question of internship opportunities came about and it was said that they run a nine-week internship program. Everyone’s skills and talents gets to be shown if chosen for the brief. Anomaly looks for personality and an interesting portfolio.

While being on the tour of Anomaly, I had few AHA moments. One was looking at the writing on the wall of Anomaly. It had the biggest drama’s with artist in the 90s to the Beastie Boys to Woodstock. I thought this was interesting because it made me think that if we can overcome that then we can do anything as designers. The next one was the wall of Employees of the Month. This was interesting because it pushes whoever is on the wall to set the bar higher for the next person. Being on that wall can increase movement in a team to make one of them push to be on the wall. The last AHA moment that was adorable was the wall of Employees in their favorite picture. The wall of pictures made the entire staff of Anomaly feel like family. Even though the place itself takes up several floors and three buildings they are all connected as a family.

One thing I did not know before the trip about Anomaly is that they do not hire freelancers. Since most of everything is in-house they do not need to hire anyone unless its is absolutely necessary. From such a prestigious place, some freelancers can probably learn and take their skills with them outside of an ad agency. I do not think I would like to work for Anomaly. The atmosphere is calm and enjoying but compared to Dropbox I would rather be in Dropbox. Everyone is in one area which is much more effective rather than being on different floors. Also the area of the place is brighter, Anomaly is dark and dim which is not too exciting.

In conclusion, Anomaly is an interesting place to tour at and their work with major brands makes me want to become a designer even more. Taking the tour of Anomaly made me see that not all ad agencies are the same and they do not have the same values. Anomaly will continue to make more of an impact in the future and maybe even open up more places around the world.