Experience / Employment

officepicAfter 19 years of being a 4-handed dental assistant and Insurance coordinator, I am proud to add dental hygiene into my dental career. I have assisted in all phases of dentistry: orthodontics, cosmetic / prosthetic specialties, root canal therapy, periodontal and oral surgeries.

For the last 3 years, I had been a financial / Insurance coordinator at my current office. I have strong knowledge in dental coding and dental insurances; particularly PPO’s and reduced plans. I also manage accounts payable and receivable (billing). I handled multi-line phones, making appointments, ordering dental and office supplies, scheduling laboratory pick up and deliveries and the dentist’s personal schedule including scheduling meetings.

When the work day was extremely busy, I enjoyed helping my other team members with assisting in the operatories, sterilization, taking alginate impressions and pouring models. I believe in helping others so we can have a successful work day!

I have a Bachelor Degree in Digital Media from the University of Central Florida which has proven to be an asset with marketing strategies within the office such as seasonal promotions, brochures and website management.

I also have an Associate Degree in Business Administration with a minor in Theatre from Borough Manhattan Community College.

Hyg_me

Currently, I have committed myself to practicing Dental Hygiene as a RDH on a full time basis with an incredible and supportive temporary placement agency, Dentemp Inc. located in Mt. Sinai, NY.

I work in all types of dental practices as a hygienist in the NYC tri-state area and Long Island, NY. I enjoy traveling and meeting new patients and staff.

It is fulfilling to help practices by helping their work day go smoothly and helping patients I otherwise would have never met to build a strong daily oral health routine.