Project II Group A

20 thoughts on “Project II Group A

1. JoJo

Additionally, I have an idea on how we can start the video. We do the missionary to don juan shot for the opening scene where a group of people are walking then they stop and one person goes YOU’RE IT. The person flips out stands there while everybody else runs in different directions and then runs after one of the people.

1. Nick Burt-Miller

For the ND shot. Maybe we can have a long shot with a background of trees and the sun? And for polarizer shot maybe something involving walking and close up of glasses or something lol

2. Kal

1. Tree, posts, people between camera and actor
    a.) Camera walks along Actor 1 (Not IT) as Actor 2 (IT) follow Actor 1 in sneaky fashion like hiding behind trees
    b.) Everyone else walk like they don’t notice what is going
    2. Statue corner shot
    a.) Camera follows Actor 2 (IT) chasing Actor 1 (Not IT) closely; Actor 1 becomes (IT)
    3. Actor walks by do a booming up and down
    a.) Actor 1 (IT) walks by, camera booms up and down as Actor 3 walls away
    4. Panoramic shot
    a.) Camera follows Actor 1 (IT) while he/she tags Actor 3
    b.) Actor 3 freezes while camera does the panorama around them
    5. Missionary stairs shot (moving forward)
    a.) ???
    6. Missionary to Don Juan (Operator faces Actor; walking backwards)
    a.) Everyone running away from Actor 1 (IT) as he/she chases them ???

I took what JoJo wrote and rewrote it to include the Actors, its just an idea so if anyone wants to change how I wrote this please feel free to do so.

1. Kal

Also does anyone have ideas for……….
      The polarizer and ND when should we uses these filters?

Slow motion blur also when should use this? If we can use this for the missionary to don juan it could be an cool effect.

The CU or MS focusing that was mentioned any ideas on when to do this?

3. JoJo

I have a few ideas regarding camera shots with the steadicam:
    1) For the follow shots behind the trees, we can follow the person that is not IT and the person who is IT is following them in a sneaky fashion. Like they are hiding behind the trees as the other individual is walking with awareness but has no idea that he/she is being followed. At an angle we are capturing both of the subjects while one remains hidden from the others sight.
    2) Inspired by the shot going around the statue, we can have the two people playing tag around the object for going around the corner with the steadicam. We follow the individual that is IT chasing after the other person to make it an interesting chase scene.
    3) The booming shot can be easily done by focusing on the person that is tagged or becomes tagged. They are walking with a pace and we start slowly by the feet moving up towards their head and shoulders.
    4) For the missionary to don juan, we can have the individual being chased by the people that are tagged, to give off a last stand kind of vibe.
    These are just ideas and if any of guys want to add or change some of these shot ideas, I am more than willing to try something else. We can follow each idea or alter them, its up to you guys.

1. Chris Z

These are great ideas. Just to add on to this idea, it would be a cool idea to have many shots including obstacles such as stairs, trees, and unleveled grounds so the vide has more depth to it.

We have an opportunity to capture cool movements like jumping which also would make the video more interesting

1. Kal

Someone should create a shot list otherwise we are going to be going how to go from shot to shot the day of. Based on the last project I think we should be more prepared on how are we going to approach this during class on Friday.

4. Ryoya Terao Post author

OK. I just made the OpenLab group of the same course (Spring 2016) made public. You can view how much they discussed online before the final filming day. Hope this will inspire you to post more ideas. Don’t copy what they wrote, but come up with your own unique ideas!

Spring 2016 Project II Group A Discussion Link:
    https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/-digitalvideocameraspring2016/project-2-group-a/

Spring 2016 Project II Group B Discussion Link:
    https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/-digitalvideocameraspring2016/project-2-group-b/

All the best!

5. Kal

Also who wants to operate the steady cam we should see how many of us want to do that. When we were in class last week I believe me and Nick were the only one who said we would like to do that when Ryoya asked everyone. I feel like if we have ideas to go off of before class we can defiantly have two operators during the project.

1. Ryoya Terao Post author

Good point. Determine the two operators in class this Friday. During the session, if the weather permits, we will practice operating the cameras outside. Later in class, your group should discuss what they wish to do/accomplish for Project II on May 19th.

1. Chris Z

I think it would be good idea to record a game of tag. This will allow us to record movement and use the Steadicam to its potential. If the two positions to operate the Steadicam, I will volunteer.