GA1.1: INTRODUCTIONS

Please introduce yourself by replying to the this blog post.  Make sure to include your NAME, your MAJOR, and a few things about yourself that you’d like to share with the class.  PLEASE also include  three questions that you’d like your classmates to answer and reply to the questions of  at least TWO of your classmates.

61 Responses to GA1.1: INTRODUCTIONS

1. Anonymous says:

I’m Sheldon. I’m 18 years old. I was born in Brooklyn. I am majoring in Computer Science and Technology. Sometimes on my free time, I like to write/ type random lyrics /rhymes. Here are 3 questions I have :

1: Do you like this course?
    2: Do you prefer this course in the morning, mid day of night?
    3: Why are you taking this course?

Thanks in advance.

2. Demba Diop says:

I’m DEMBA DIOP I’m majored in environmental control technology. I was born in Senegal ,country in west Africa .it’s three years I’ve been living in the United States . french was the only language I was speaking before coming here .I did really struggled to be able to speak english .I have three I would ask you.

for you is it easy to learn a language?
    have ever been somewhere people speak a language not familiar to you?
    if so how was that experience?

3. Chadel says:

Hi I’m. Chadel, I am 17 years old and I am majoring in Computer Engineering,
    I am a very chill and very outgoing person, and I like video games.

Here’s my 3 questions:

1) How was your first day of this course?

2)What is your Major?

3)What’s you main goal in life?

• Alex says:

1) I was kind of scare that the professor is boring,but now I’m not.
      2)My major is computer science
      3)My goal in life is to enjoy

• Kyle Brunson says:

1) My first day of this course was great.

2) My major is Computer Engineering.

3) My main goal in life is to be successful in whatever way I end up judging what success is.

• Hello Chadel, My first day in this course went pretty well. My major is Civil Engineering Technology. It’s hard to say what my main goal in life is at the moment because I literally just started my journey. There is one goal important to me, which is becoming the person that I see my self as in the future.

4. Alex says:

Hi,I’m Alex. My major is is computer science. I was born in china. I’ve been living in New York for more than 7 years, and I’m still having lot of problem with my writing skills. I love playing video games .
    Here’s my 3 questions:
    1)How do you feel about city tech?
    2)What is your future goal?
    3)What’s your favor thing to do when you are free?

• chemar prussia says:

Play fifa.

• Kyle Brunson says:

1) City Tech’s not the flashiest college but its getting better.

2) I just want to be able to live comfortably.

3) My favorite thing to do is hang out with my close friends when we’re all free.

• City Tech is a pretty good, of course not the best but I like it. My future goal it to open my own car industry. lastly I like spend time with my cat or watch movies when I’m free.

• 1-I feel that the teachers are very good, but the administration of the faculty should improve, it is always very bureaucratic. They never have a concrete answer to offer you.
      2-I would like to have my firm of architects in New York and in the city where I was born, Lambare, (Paraguay)
      3-To paint watercolor.

5. Kyle Brunson says:

Hey, I’m Kyle. I’m majoring in Computer engineering. I like to do a lot of different things during my free-time but currently I’ve been playing fighting games like Street Fighter. I occasionally enter tournaments.

My 3 questions :
    1 – Do you like writing?
    2 – What do you enjoy doing for fun?
    3 – How are you liking City Tech so far?

6. chemar prussia says:

Hey , Im Chemar Prussia. I’m majoring in Computer Engineering. I like to play soccer, play FIFA and i also like to watch movies.

My three question:
    1. Why y’all came to city tech ?
    2. What high school did your gradate from?
    3. What the best thing you like about college?

• Samuel says:

Graduated from Fort Hamilton High School

• Nandi-Iman Sunni-Ali says:

1. I came to City Tech because my top CUNY choice and made the most sense
      2. I graduated from Harlem Village Academy High School
      3. The best thing about college is the various types of people you run into

• Tyra Daniel says:

Hey Chemar! I transferred from Pace University to City Tech because the tuition was too damn high. I graduated from Benjamin Banneker Academy located in Brooklyn, New York. Lastly, the best thing I like about college is the freedom and flexibility you have as a college student.

• Anika says:

Hi Chemar. I graduated from Thomas A. Edison High school. I came to City Tech because my sister came here. The best thing about college is making your own schedule.

7. Hello, I’m Mohammed Emran. I’m 22 years old. I came to America 8 years ago. This is my second semester in college. My major is Mechanical Engineering. I personally hate English classes due to the fact its all about reading and writing (which I hate the most).

Questions:
    1. where you from?
    2. what is the most important thing I should know about you as a person?
    3. what part of the college interest you the most?

8. Samuel says:

Hello, I’m Samuel. I’m 17 years old. My major is undeclared. However, I have a future interest in Computer Science. I spent 2 years living in Honduras in the past. Other than that, I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York.

Questions:
    1. Was City Tech your desired college?
    2. Where are you from?
    3. What’s your major?

9. Nandi-Iman Sunni-Ali says:

Hello, I’m Nandi-Iman, but I prefer Nandi. I’m 20 years old and my major is communication design. A little about me, I was born in Atlanta but moved here when I was 2, I’m a photographer, I’m learning ukulele, and I make youtube videos.

What’s your favorite instrument?
    If you couldn’t write/type/or verbally speak anymore, how would you try to communicate?
    What do you feel is the best thing you’ve ever written?

• Tyra Daniel says:

Hey Nandi! My favorite instrument is definitely the piano, it’s amazing what can be played on it. If I couldn’t write, type, or verbally speak anymore I would try to communicate through cutting words from magazines and making sentences. That would be very time consuming, but I am out of options lol. The best thing I’ve ever written was a 13 page autobiography for a course I was doing at city tech while in High School. It wasn’t the best because it was about myself, but it was the best because it challenged me as a writer. Getting an A on it really made me feel accomplished.

• Tyra,

Your answer to Nandi’s second question is so thought provoking! It makes me wonder if you’ve ever read anything by Octavia Butler. She has a story related to this topic entitled “Speech Sounds” that you (and obviously, Nandi !) may both be interested in reading.

• What amazing questions!!!!!!!! Thanks! I particularly like the second one, which is just, frankly, pretty odd. It makes me wonder if you’ve ever read anything by Octavia Butler. Her short story “Speech Sounds” may be quite interesting to you.

10. Tyra Daniel says:

Hi everyone! My name is Tyra Daniel, and I am 18 years old. My major is Paralegal studies; however, I want to be a lawyer in the criminal justice field. I am Trinidadian, I model here and there, and I love writing (something I also want to improve on).

Questions:

1) How do you guys feel about City Tech?
    2) Is there anybody else in the Paralegal major?
    3) Does anyone plan on transferring?

11. Anika says:

Hi everyone. My name is Anika Baldeo and my major is fashion business. I was born in New York but I grew up in Trinidad. I like to draw when I have free time.

What do you like to do on your free time?
    Why did you choose to come to City Tech?
    How is it different from your high school?

12. My name is Adriana Casado. My major is Architectural technology. I like to paint watercolor when I have free time and read autobiographies.
    1-Why did you choose City Tech as a College?
    2-Which is your favorite book and why?
    3-Which book would you not recommend?

13. Huilinmei says:

My name is Huilin Mei, my major is marketing management and sales. This is my second years in City College of Technology. I like to draw during my leisure time, I also like reading novels, but I hate writing. Because English is my second language, I have a lot of grammar mistakes when I write.
    Questions:
    1. How you feel about reading?
    2. How long you been to America?
    3. How you feel about your major?

14. Stefan says:

Hello, My name is Stefan. I’m 20 years old and currently Living in the City. It’s my first year here at City Tech but came from a trade School. I’m here hoping to complete my Electrical Engineering major here. Usually, when I’m free I’d like to read and listen to music. I own a couple of Vinyls as well. Enough of that though. I have a few questions for you:
    Are you someone who sets goals before starting a task or take on thing at a time?
    What’s your favorite Artist/Musician?
    Do you have any short term or long term goals?

-Cheers Everyone.

15. Angie Perez says:

My name is Angie Perez. My major is Liberal Arts & Science. This is my second year at City Tech. I am planning on changing my major to human services. Things that I enjoy doing are painting and drawing. I also enjoy reading novels and autobiographies.

What was your best learning experience so far in college?
    What helped you decide what major you wanted?
    Were you conflicted when deciding what career path you wanted to take?

16. Angie Perez says:

17. Hello Everyone: I am going to share a few things about myself, and also three questions that are debative. First I am a freshmen in the Architecture Technology Major, because I like drafting new designs of buildings, Second I served in the military as a combat Engineer following 9/11. And last I a grew up in the caribbean from the island of Trinidad & Tobago which is a english speaking country, SO WHY NOT TAKE ENGLISH AND IMPROVE MYSELF?

1.What do you think of frequent hate crimes being normalise by the media and those in power?

2.Do you think their should be more checks an balances on freedom of speech?

3.What would happen if the U.S. goes to war with N.korea, will history repeat itself with a collapse economy.

18. Omayra Garcia says:

Hi! My name is Omayra and this is my second semester at NYCCT. My major is Fashion Marketing, so I am obsessed with the fashion industry. My favorite thing to do is to paint.

1) Where are you guys are from?
    2) Do you work outside of school? if so where?
    3) whats your favorite show?

19. Ian Ackerman says:

My name is Ian Ackerman. I’m an entering student majoring in mechanical engineering and although that’s my focus in school my passion is music. I play and listen to any and all kinda of music and am always open to new things.

What is your favorite album?
    Why did you choose the major you chose?
    What inspires you to be productive?

20. Hello my name is Alyssa Rivera. I am 18 years old. My major at the moment is Civil Engineering Technology. I am usually a happy person, so if you hear me giggle a little in class that’s probably why. So I apologize ahead of time. I love animals, especially Jake, my 5 month old pit.

1. If there’s one thing in life that you would love to do, what would it be?why?
    2. What makes you smile?
    3. Lastly, Who inspires you to be the person your are today?

21. Ojanny says:

My name is Ojanny Urena, I was born in the Dominican Republic and partially raised in nyc. My major is emerging media. I enjoy watching informative documentaries on my free time and sometimes reading. My favorite author is Junot Diaz.

1) Are you guys enjoying this course so far ?
    2)If a freshman, how is your college experience going so far?
    3)What are your aspirations in life ?

22. T. Mohamed says:

Hi, my name is Mohamed Traore and I’m from Guinea. I came in 2008 when I was 9 years old so I’m already very well accustomed to life here. French is my first language because it’s the official language in Guinea. I’m 18 years old, turning 19 on Nov. 23, I’m majoring in Computer Systems Technology. I was majoring in accounting last semester, but I lost interest in it because I wasn’t learning much because all you needed to do was add common sense to it, in my opinion.

Three questions I have are:
    -What made you come to City Tech?
    -Do you like writing?
    -What are your subjects?