Blog #2

I got hired here at ASAP to be the sole animator for their social media team. My supervisor Kwesi Samuels is our program Director. I decided to intern here at ASAP because of the connections I already have made here, as well as being aware that they could use more help in their social media department. My in person interview did not last very long, he asked me questions relating as to what I would provide ASAP if I were to become part of their social media team. Another important question I was asked is how would I help the team exactly. I was hired the next week to begin working for the program. During my first week I joined the programs “Fun committee”. This committee is largely made up of 4 academic advisors, our administrative coordinator, 1 student ambassador and myself. Within this group of people we help decide how the events that happen every month is planned. These events are for students within our program to meet and socialize with each other, while also doing activities that are always arranged for the events.

In my first meeting I was put on duty of helping film and record some scenes for our Halloween events that is happening at the end of October. This event is themed and we helped come up with ideas on how to possibly scare students and have them go through an event together to help them solve puzzles. While not initially what I expected to be doing I will be counting anything I do for these events in my internship presentation for the end o the month.