Blog #1

Searching for an Internship at the beginning of the semester was difficult at first because I have to find one specifically for animation. As an animator you have to have a well done and complete Demo Reel showing off what you have learned so that companies can help you further progress your techniques. I however did not have my demo reel complete for the semester because I only had 1 3D animation class. While yes I could have done stuff on my own to further help myself learn, I heavily depended on the school system to help me, which was my biggest mistake. So with this being said I decided that I should go to people who can actually help me get an internship.

I spoke to a couple friends who already recommended me just speaking with my boss to see if I become a part of the social media team at our program ASAP. So our social media group is handled by some our Peer mentors who deal with issues students have in the program. Anyways, I have the basic skills to provide some 3D posters and small animations for the program. Asap has around 40 people working under the company here at city tech specifically. The Asap program itself is CUNY wide with thousands helping to keep the program intact all across the CUNY campuses. ASAP’s purpose is to help freshman students who are entering college have a support system to help them graduate within 2 years. The Accelerated Studies in Associates Program is the reason why City Tech’s graduation rate has actually increased in the last 5 years that it has become a part of the campus. We are located at 172 pearl street, which is the Environmental building which is part of City Tech’s campus. Our program is free for students who are eligible to join the program which we recruit every semester.