Typical Day

I started my current college a year ago. I transferred rom another college after earning an Associate’s Degree. The classes at my present school have been informative in terms of how it relates to a “real-world environment.” A class I recently completed helped me understand how to build a concept from the ground up. I learned how to properly research including scholarly articles, official government websites, and visit the field when possible. The internship class has introduced me to topics that I have limited knowledge including contracts and copyright infringement. The Hope poster fiasco stands out as something I should never repeat in any form.

The internship opportunity is giving me confidence in the industry. There have been tasks that were challenging, and I was unsure how to execute the assignment. I conducted research, watched tutorials, and figured out how to use specific settings in Photoshop and Illustrator. That allowed me to perform the assignment with fewer issues, and I learned new skills. I like obstacles when I have the tools and resources to overcome them. All the tasks I have done relate to my major because they are within the graphic design realm. I have worked on similar projects in classes over my college career. However, now no one is holding my hand through the process. I have to envision the creative side and execute it on my own.

My typical day includes checking the Communication Marketing Dept. email for any new emails for me. When there is something, I’ll start to complete the task. Because the internship is virtual, I have not met with anyone one-on-one. All my assignments and other information have been via email or within the company app. Now that I have completed 120 hours, I will email my supervisor the college timesheet and evaluation form. I plan to stay on longer. I’ll talk to them about that this week as well.

My last task was to create a separate company logo for their Lebanese Chapter. They asked about the Lebanese Flag included in the design. I designed about ten versions. Here are a few: