As a student, I have always strived to do the best that I can, to reach my goals. I have come from a long road of many obstacles in my life, but back in 2019 beginning the dental hygiene program at New York City College of Technology was a moment of reassurance that I am capable of being and doing anything I set my mind on. When I received my acceptance letter, it was in that moment I came to realize that I am now one step closer in reaching my ultimate goal in becoming a Registered Dental Hygienist in 2021.

Over the past two years, this amazing program has been very challenging but as you go through my e-portfolio you can see I have achieved so much throughout the years. I’m still learning and will keep learning every day, as any great hygienist should. I know I have made the right career path when I learned this profession involves more than just cleaning teeth.

Being a Dental Hygienist involves teaching and helping individuals in improving not only their oral health but their overall health. We are capable of not only to provide the proper treatment towards preventing future potential diseases but to give confidence and positive feedback to the community as a whole. With tremendous amount of patience, compassion, and as someone who looks beyond the dental chair I know I will complete this program being the best Dental Hygienist I can be.