Description

Video games have been a very big part of my life, I’d play them for hours and hours enjoying them, wondering if in the future I could make a game that gives others as much entertainment.  Playing video games made me become increasingly interested in making my own, which lead me to start messing with any game with sandbox mechanics, such as RPG Maker or even the level editor in the Tony Hawk games.  In City Tech, I joined a video game design club, where we started working on what is called: “Project Dynasty”, a game that is being made on Unity.  For my internship over the last summer, I worked for Killer Snails, and helped out with the GUI for their upcoming game that’s scheduled to be released on the Itunes store in October.  For this project, I intend to make my own video game on the same engine as these projects, Unity.

The type of game I will create is a platformer, temporarily called “Project Job Change,”  that will use 3D model characters on a 2D plane.  This platformer will be combined with RPG elements.  The player will have the ability to change between 3 job classes freely: the sturdy Knight, the powerful wizard and the cunning thief.  Using his/her abilities, the goal is to save the princess at the end of the level.  However, the princess at the end of the level is actually the lord of all evil things herself!  More information can be found in the game design document attached.

Being able to create this game would allow me to practice my programming, texturing and 3D modeling skills.  I’ll have a limited amount of time to work on this, so instead of a full game, I’m only going to focus on creating one level, and if time presents itself, all the menus I have for this game idea as of now.  These menus include the town menu and save/loading menu.