Delivery Platform –Saheba
Game Mechanics –Mei
Visual Map of the Game –Mei
Review of Competing Games-Louis
Walkthrough – Elizabeth
Video Game Narrative – Elizabeth
Conceptual Art –Arif – Louis
In old day Porotaria year x897, Talowitz, the prince of Porotaria kingdom, a 16-year-old child with no ambition, his father the king of Porotaria dies, and since his death, Talowitz uncle, Petra the 3rd seeks to take over the throne of Porotaria through a coup d’état. The late king fearing the ambitions of his brother and therefore asked his most reliable warrior to escort Talowitz out of the Kingdom before it was too late for Talowitz. The warrior sent him to 3 Taoists whom were hermits that have served the late king well, before their retirements, in the western land of Yutaro. The Taoists are to serve Talowitz and also aid in his training to become something, befitting of a king who shall overthrow his uncle and take back his rightful place in the kingdom.
1. In your own words, explain the difference between a parser interactive fiction game and a choose your path interactive fiction game.
Parser interactive fiction games don’t have graphics and have a chunk of text and a cursor and the player types where they wish to go next and the game responds by telling them what they see. A choose your path interactive fiction game is where you change to a page in the book depending on what decision you decide to choose.
2. Name an example of a parser game.
3. Name an example of a choose your own path game.
The Adventures of you on Sugarcane Island by Edward Packard
4. Why does she say interactive fiction virtually died out in the mid-1990s?
She said interactive fiction virtually died out because of competitions .
5. Why does she say poetry is an important element of interactive fiction writing? What example does she use?
When words are all you have you spend most of the time to make the words powerful. An example is from With those We Love Alive.
6. Why does she say that ambiguity is not only unavoidable but also necessary?
The player has to fill in some of the details with their imagination. Decide where you want the player to fill in the those gaps.
7. What’s important about complicity?
Defined as a feeling of ownership in the plot. Complicity is part of giving the player actual choices and containing different ways to allow their choices to feel like a real choice.
1) Open your phone
2) Open the stocks app
3) Transfer money from your bank to the app
4) Search for incoming good news from the internet
5) Look for high traffic stocks
6) Buy in low on the stocks
7) Wait until the trendline skyrockets
8) Sell all your stocks
9) Wait T+3 days to bank out