- In your own words, explain the difference between a parser interactive fiction game and a choose your path interactive fiction game.
=A parser game is playing is a game that it outlines for you. You play the story and you are following a path, with decisions to motivate a player to stay interactive with simple directions. Choose your path makes you the quarterback of your own game. You get to pick options and you have control of how the game goes. There are more options for you as a player.
- Name an example of a parser game.
= Hadean Lands
- Name an example of a choose your own path game.
= The Path of Destinies.
- Why does she say interactive fiction virtually died out in the mid-1990s?
= A company known as Infocom (created interactive fiction games) was shut down by Activision.
- Why does she say poetry is an important element of interactive fiction writing? What example does she use?
= She says this because it shows how writing can bring life. This gives the audience the ability to interact and fill in the blanks. It’s a way of having individuals use their imagination.
- Why does she say that ambiguity is not only unavoidable but also necessary?
= You don’t want to overwhelm someone with too much content. Of course, in a game, not all information is provided to you so you must pick up information along the way to put the puzzle pieces together.
- What’s important about complicity?
= Keeps players interactive with the game. They have the ownership in deciding how the game turns out. Makes a player satisfied with the results of the game.