- In your own words, explain the difference between a parser interactive fiction game and a choose your path interactive fiction game.
Interactive Fiction games have a set story that the player navigates whereas Choose your Own Path games allow the user to change the story based on their in game choices.
- Name an example of a parser game.
- Name an example of a choose your own path game.
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Sugarcane Island
- Why does she say interactive fiction virtually died out in the mid-1990s?
- Why does she say poetry is an important element of interactive fiction writing? What example does she use?
Poetry is important because all you have is world to build they world and the story. S The example she uses is With Those We Love Alive.
- Why does she say that ambiguity is not only unavoidable but also necessary?
Ambiguity is necessary because the game world is in the players mind do the story cannont be too rigid.
- What’s important about complicity?
Allows the player to insert themselves into the narrative. Not that it happened to them but the player did it themselves.