Jackson Heights Tour

We will be meeting Friday, Nov. 13 at 12:00 sharp in front of the Citibank @ 37-57 74th St, Queens, NY 11372.

The closest stop is the Jackson Roosevelt stop on the E, F, M & R and the Broadway stop on the #7.

For the neighborhood map and itinerary, see: Jackson Heights Walking Tour map

Jackson Heights:
(tell us about the neighborhood)
star: Radka
understudy: Estefania

Jackson Diner
(tell us something about the diner but also a little about Indian Food in general: dominant flavors?)
star: Pauline
understudy:  Misha

Maharaja Food:
(tell us something about Indian sweets: how are they typically made, what are the typical ingredients)
star: Luis
understudy: Aaron

Dosa Delight
(what’s a dosa?  what’s the difference between northern and southern Indian food?)
star: Shaun
understudy: Raven

Trip budget (12 + 1): $65

Carried over from previous trip: $2.27

Maharaja Sweets (2 lb. Indian Sweets): $18.00
Seba Seba (4 small hot chocolate, 8 buñuelos): $14.50
Dosa Delight (4 small dosa): $26.09

______________________________________________________________
Total: $58.59

Cost Per participant:: $4.50

Carried over to next trip: $8.68

3 thoughts on “Jackson Heights Tour

1. Raven

Dosa Delight

Dosa Delight located on 35-66 73rd st in Queens, had one of the best foods Ive actually never had before. The lentil crepe called Dosa which is mostly affiliated with southern Indian foods was one of the best vegetarian snacks I have ever had. It had a soft outside texture with crispy ends, and a well seasoned curry filling that was delicious. It almost made me feel like I can actually commit to a vegan lifestyle…. Nope I’m lying. 🙂

1. Pauli

Raven I totally agree with you, the lentil crepes were delicious and savory; the spices and curry flavor was an explosion of delightful scrumptiousness. The green sauce was also a nice pairing with the crepe. I would definitely revisit this restaurant for more treats.

2. Kizzie

I like the lentil crepes because all the spices and curry flavored ingredients blended well together. The chutney was perfect for the dish, it compliment it well. I did enjoy it and it was my first time having such dish.