One thought on “Written Assignments

1. Ejones

INDUSTRY CITY

I really enjoyed Industry City and I never would have guessed that something like that would have existed in that part of Brooklyn. With all of the offerings in New York, Industry City is a well kept secret even though they aren’t trying to be. The main floor does not have a huge selection of food vendors yet, but the quality of the food currently being offered makes up for that. Housed at Industry City is a charcuterie cleverly named “Salumi”, and they specialize in cured salami and dried sausages all prepared in house. Even the butchering of an entire pig or cow is done by hand, there on the premises. The cured meats offered are incredible compared to the salami I grew up eating. The meats are cured with a blend of different spices and flavors like chili pepper, cumin, pimento, fennel, garlic, and even coffee. I tried several samples but the most interesting was the ‘Nduja. Its made with pork bits, liver, fat (which gives its flavor as well as its smooth texture) and a four Chile blend which gives it some kick. It tasted like a Chorizo pate, that would spread easily on a crisp bread or herbed cracker. Everything at Salumi is very fresh as well as offered on a limited time only basis. Once a particular flavor is gone it may not be back for a time, due to the fact that the process of making this delicacy can take anywhere for 3 to 5 months. It is well worth the wait.