Jackson Heights Tour

We will be meeting May 4, at 3:00 pm sharp in front of the Citibank @ 37-57 74th St, Queens, NY 11372.

The closest stop is the Jackson Roosevelt stop on the E, F, M & R and the Broadway stop on the #7.

For the neighborhood map and itinerary, see: Jackson Heights Walking Tour map

Trip budget:  (15+1) $80

Carried over from previous trip: $22.68

Seba Seba (9 bunuelos) : $10.80
1 vegetarian samosa: $1.50
food truck (8 X 3 momos) : $15
Dera Restaurant (Indian Sweets, 26 portions): $33 (indl. tip)
______________________________________________________________
Total: $ 60.30

Cost Per participant:: $3.77

Carryover to next event:$ 42.38.

4 thoughts on “Jackson Heights Tour

1. Ejones

The Jackson Heights food tour was my favorite one yet. I enjoyed going to Patel Bros. Their products are authentic (directly from India) and plentiful. They also have a produce department with a few familiar vegetables but many more unfamiliar ones too. The rice selection is one of the largest I have ever seen. The inventory offers a variety of products to make an Indian meal close to authentic. I have tried Indian food over the years but visiting Patel Bros. proved to be an enlightening experience on Indian cuisine and its components.

1. jimenezmagaly

I live about 5 minutes away from Jackson Heights in train. I really enjoyed this trio because I felt we had more time to visit one particular cuisine. Walking through Patel Bros made me realize that many of their products are foreign to me. I did not know they had their own special sugar called Jaggery. I thought that was pretty interesting. The highlight of this trip was when we went to the Sweetshop and had a couple of their desserts. It was a little too sweet for me, but not bad at all. My favorite was Rossi Malachi, which was kind of a rice pudding, as we would call it. It was tasty, sweet and good. I will definitely stop by again soon, especially because i live several minutes away.

2. alyssahernandez

After going on this field trip, it made me want to go back to Jackson Heights and explore even more. I really enjoyed going to Patel brothers it was really interesting to see some ingredients that many of us have not seen before. We also go the chance to stop by this restaurant and try some of their sweets. It was not my favorite. My favorite from the trip was the DUMPLINGS!!! Those things were amazing, they tasted really good especially when you added a bit of the soy sauce. I was only able to try the chicken and it was really good the chicken had flavor. For the price you cannot beat it as well. I believe it was 10 for 5( not too sure though) but I feel like that food truck if defiantly worth going back too. I also want to try the Indian buffet which was not that far from there as well. We were also able to try a bunelos ( I think I misspelled it) that was really good.

3. christley

The tour of Jackson Heights was really informative and eye opening, I’ve been to Jackson Heights before however I have never been or seen the locations that we visited on the tour.I found that the Patel Brothers was amazing, the different assortment of items that were being offered in the store was a dream for any cook. The Sweetshop that we visited was also amazing being able to eat and experience all these unique and flavorful candy and sweets were delicious. The columbian bread was extremely tasty and something that I’ll be looking for in the future, however my favorite food item form the day was the dumpling I thought they were juicy and rich and an overall great taste. Jackson Heights is such a diverse neighborhood that I truly recommend anyone looking for culture and diversity, its a most visit location in NYC.