Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Calling Ruth Bader Ginsburg an “icon” doesn’t suffice because she is so much more than that. I know there are more words synonymous to icon, but for this generation we need her, she has done a lot for the United States. Her work is relevant in history and the time of the world right now. Passing away at 87 is such a big number and we cannot thank her enough for living that long. In the Oyez.org article it states, “Ruth Bader Ginsburg began her career as a justice where she left off as an advocate, fighting for women’s rights. In 1996, Ginsburg wrote the majority opinion in United States v. Virginia, holding that qualified women could not be denied admission to Virginia Military Institute.” With her passing everything that she has been fighting for is now in danger because abortion laws will be inadequate and how many will be perceived in society will change negatively too. I am still at loss for words. Deep condolences Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Source cited in MLA format: “Ruth Bader Ginsburg.” Oyez, www.oyez.org/justices/ruth_bader_ginsburg. Accessed 13 Oct. 2020. 

1 thought on “Ruth Bader Ginsburg

1. Thanks Zainab! I agree, Justice Ginsburg’s passing raises many questions for civil liberties in the future. Those of us who care about such issues should watch vigilantly, and consider how we can continue her positive work. Good job!
    Prof. C.