NO meeting tomorrow! (Tues. Nov. 30) & court observation assignment

Hello Students!

I hope you all enjoyed a happy and safe Thanksgiving and long weekend.  Just a reminder, we will NOT meet for class tomorrow!!  (Tues. Nov. 30)  In place of that class, I’ll meet with each of you at times we’ve scheduled between tomorrow (Tues.) and Thursday to discuss your summons and complaint assignment.

I also hope you enjoyed our visit to the Appellate Division Second Department last week!  I sure did.  To satisfy the “court observation” requirement for 5% of your LAW 1101 grade, by the end of this week, please write a post of about one paragraph (100-200 words) or more, reflecting on the experience.  For example, what did you find interesting, or surprising; what would you like to understand better; how did the experience affect your views of the legal practice, or your career goals; or anything else!  You may address the cases themselves, or the actions and interactions among the lawyers and judges, or our interactions with court personnel and judges, even our visit to the farmers’ market!  Anything that left an impression on you.  Please choose “court observation!” as the category.

Enjoy your Tuesday and Wednesday, see you in class Thursday!

Cheers,

Prof. C.