TRIP tomorrow! (Tue. Nov. 23) to Second Department!

Dear Students,

Happy Monday!  Just a reminder, tomorrow (Tues. Nov. 23) we will take a TRIP!! to observe oral arguments at the Appellate Division Second Department.  We’ll meet at our regular time and room (10am in A409), hold class till 11am discussing your draft complaints (due 8am tomorrow), then we will take the short walk to the courthouse, and you’ll be “dismissed” after the arguments from there.  This will satisfy the “court observation assignment” for LAW 1101 (along with a short written response).  If you can’t attend in person, you should be able to watch the arguments live through this link: http://wowza.nycourts.gov/ad2/ad2.php.  That can count for the assignment, though not for attendance in tomorrow’s classes.  I REALLY hope everyone will attend in person!  It will be really fun, and we can stop at the Farmer’s Market afterward.  🙂

Another reminder: please email me your revised summons and first draft complaint by 8am tomorrow (Tuesday) so we can review some of them in class.  In your email, please include times you’re available next week (Nov. 29-Dec. 2) to meet in person or on Zoom to discuss your draft summons and complaint, to help you finalize them.

Please also let me know your preferred schedule for our final exams: LAW 1101 on Tues. Dec. 14 and LAW 1103 on Th. Dec. 16, as currently planned; OR both exams on Th. Dec. 16;  OR both exams on Tues. Dec. 14 with a “wrap-up” class/activity on Thurs. Dec. 16.  So far, the only two votes I’ve received are to have both exams Tues. Dec. 14 with “wrap-up” activity on Thurs. Dec. 16.  Make your voice heard!  We’ll decide in class tomorrow.

You do NOT need to bring your CPLR tomorrow!   🙂 Have a pleasant evening, see you in the morning!

Prof. C.