CC Intern Blog 5 – Indie Works

Indie Works is what I would consider the crown jewel of Congested Cat Productions. Indie Works is an event held once a month (except May) at a venue called the People’s Lounge, which is based in lower Manhattan. Each month’s Indie works event showcases six independent films that are chosen from the company website out of many other submissions. the first three films are shown at the beginning of the night, followed by an interview of the first three Directors/producers of the films, then the last three are shown along with another interview right after. After all the films have been shown and the interviews have been conducted, we take an audience vote. Everyone is handed a ballot, in which they check off their favorite film of the six shown. Once the votes are tallied up , we announce our winner. Now who so ever wins, not only wins a certificate but they also win a chance to have their film shown in the final Indie Works event of the year, called “Best of Fest” (I’ll elaborate on that more later).  Below I’ve attached some Images from the Event

Hosts

Hosts – Tony Curtis and Lauren Kennedy

These guys

The hosts of Indie works along with my two supervisors Christopher Carroll and Christina Raia