The Faculty Commons is located right here at City Tech and you will gain the opportunity to work on print and interactive projects working for faculty clients.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application form at the following link:
Submit with your cover letter, resume, portfolio, and recommendations from two Professors to: Professor Mary Ann Biehl at email@example.com For more information about this spot, please see the PDF below:
Also, you can see the internship blogs of two past Faculty Commons interns to see what these interns were doing this past year:
Please see the description below of this position. This is a paid spot and could be used as an internship spot, especially if you have just internship to take in Fall or Summer. Mr. Nelson is an alum of our COMD program here at City Tech so do feel comfortable reaching out to him with questions. .
The Office of Communications at Guttman Community College is looking for a College Assistant who will work closely with the Communications and College Relations Manager to manage the College’s social media platforms and perform miscellaneous clerical and administrative work related to the operation of the Communications office.
- Overseeing all social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, as well as publishing dashboards (Hootsuite)
- Creating content that attracts the attention of the target audience.
- Scheduling social media posts as per the plan.
- Monitoring and responding to comments and direct messages in a timely manner.
- Managing social media engagement during events, such as Facebook Live and other live posts.
- Under supervision, basic editing of web pages
- Entering and maintaining events in the College’s online calendar
- Scheduling meetings and appointments for the Communications team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong functional knowledge of social media platforms, principles, practices, and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment.
- Ability to work well and quickly under pressure both individually and as a part of a team.
- Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please submit your:
2. Cover Letter
To my email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Design and Communications Coordinator
Guttman Community College
50 West 40th St
New York, NY 10018
There is a need for a Design Intern in City Tech’s Office of Public Affairs/ Professional Development Office (PDC). This will involve both remote and on-site work. The spot is not paid but you will have the benefit of flexible hours as they will work with your schedule and you will also learn about all the career workshops, etc. very quickly and be involved in promoting them to fellow students.
- Well versed in most Adobe programs including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Must have an understanding of typography, layout, and general design principles
- Some knowledge in Microsoft Office products Power Point, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communications and organization skills
- Create graphic design solutions to communicate college and department brand
- Utilize Adobe software to create, design, and modify projects
- Create digital and print posters, fliers, and brochures for college events
- Communicate and present design ideas to the Professional Development Center team
- Photograph at events/ workshops
If you are interested in this post, please email a cover letter, a resume and a portfolio link to Tanika Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a very good spot for those of you interested in Graphic Design and also if you have video editing skills. Apply ASAP.
Job Description is Below for Calling All Graphics:
Design printed material, such as flyers, menus, menu boards, signage, logos, etc as requested by clients to meet their marketing needs. Knowledge and experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Familiar with Social Media software (possibly Canva) and be able to post onto Social Media to engage more clients and offer more services. Also, Knowledge of After Effects is a plus. You will be working on interactive menu boards.
Take a look at some of the work that was done at this internship last semester at this link:
Lots of menus so if you love the food industry, this could be of great interest to you.
Resume and Portfolio should be sent to:
President, Calling All Graphics, Inc.
Vice President, Narrows Community Theater
This is a small business so you will work directly under Marla’s supervision. She has worked with many COMD interns in past semesters.
Below is the job posting:
We are looking for immediate hires to support our team (Unity Developers, 3D modelers and animators, etc.) and interns to build our next group of talent.
Please contact Mr. De Perio ASAP
:Joseph A. DE PERIO
CEO and Chairman of the Board
I Got It Holdings Corporation
(917) 539-5027 (mobile)
(917) 539-5027 (mobile)
Here is a deck about the company for you to review to learn more about it.