Urban Green Council, a non-profit organization working to advance sustainability in the urban built environment, has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual passionate about contributing to the growing green building movement. To apply to this spot, please see the following link at https://www.urbangreencouncil.org/content/jobs-internships
The Communications Intern will assist with communications and design projects as part of Urban Green’s external relations. Candidates should be able to take on multiple projects and work independently with flexibility, enthusiasm and good humor.
This position is subsidized through the NYSERDA Clean Energy Internship Program. Students must meet all NYSERDA eligibility requirements listed at the bottom of this job description in order to be considered. This position will be largely remote but will require regular visits to the Urban Green office for select tasks and meetings.
- Curate and schedule content for social media and the Urban Green website.
- Manage web page analytics and tracking.
- Assist with graphic design and video production.
- Assist with editing and post-production work on videos for online courses about various green building topics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program (graduate or undergraduate); communications, marketing, design and/or environmental field of study preferred.
- Interest in green building and environmental issues.
- Interest in developing and promoting video content.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Proactive with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Motivated to learn and develop new skills.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (OPTIONAL)
- Background in communications or marketing.
- Experience working in Adobe Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience drafting and scheduling social media posts.
NYSERDA ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for the Clean Energy Internship Program, you must be at least one of the following:
- A New York State resident currently attending any college or university, regardless of location;
- An out-of-state student currently attending a college or university located in New York State;
- A New York State resident who is 16 to 24 years of age participating in a work preparedness training program such as Board of Cooperative Educational Service (BOCES), technical high schools, AmeriCorps NCC, the Excelsior Conservation AmeriCorps, etc.; or
- New York State resident military veteran
You must also meet these eligibility requirements:
- Must reside in New York State (not Long Island), and within commute distance of downtown Manhattan, for the duration of the internship term
- Must not have held another internship through the NYSERDA program
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program in Spring 2022
Spring interns are expected to work 15-18 hours per week for 14 weeks and are paid $15/hour. The internship term will run from Jan 24 – May 6. All Urban Green interns are extended complimentary invitations to Urban Green educational programs and events. They will also receive a one-year Urban Green membership upon completion of their internship.