Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc.
Position Title: Marketing, Publicity & Social Media Intern
|Goodwill NYNJ empowers individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work. As part of that mission, Goodwill operates a social enterprise called GoodTemps that places people with disabilities and other barriers to employment in temporary staffing positions. GoodTemps is seeking a Publicity & Social Media Intern to assist with enhancing GoodTemps online presence and sustaining GoodTemps’ online engagement.
- Under the guidance of the GoodTemps team, develop content and materials for marketing efforts, including presentations, brochures, email blasts, website content, and online advertising
- Build and update contact lists for sales and marketing outreach
- Work with the GoodTemps team to solicit success stories and testimonials that can be shared publicly, including outreach to current and past temps and employers
- Develop and implement strategies to improve online reviews on sites like Yelp and Google
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns promoting GoodTemps to employers and jobseekers
- Create monthly editorial calendars to promote GoodTemps on various social media websites
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and other outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements: Describe the skills, knowledge and abilities required. Include educational and experience requirements and preferences.
|Coursework related to marketing, publicity, and/or social media.
- Knowledge of how to use social media effectively to generate interest in a product or service.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
Please send a resume, cover letter and portfolio link to Jennifer Tavis at JTavis@goodwillny.org.