Dear COMD students:
Through the CUNY Recovery corp, there is a spot available this summer as a paid intern with the COMD department. This internship would run from:
July 5th -12th – Student work starts
Aug 9th- 16th Student work ends
The pay rate is $15 an hour and it is for $25 hours per week.
The Communication Design Department is seeking Communication Design Internship Site Web Development intern for Summer 2021. The intern’s responsibilities would include:
- Upgrading the Current Communication Design Internship Coordination Site from WordPress Classic Editor to WordPress Block Editor.
- Redesigning the site so that it is easier to navigate and more visually appealing.
- Updating outdated material on the site and checking that all hyperlinks are still operational.
- Updating the current employer database and assisting in the Creation of an Employer contact list that is more accessible to students and more easily searched.
- Add pages to the website that focus on employers in specific areas of student interest: illustration, advertising, web design and motion graphics.
- Researching, designing, and producing graphics for upcoming studelent shows and for past student shows including email headers, website and social media posts, and other marketing and promotional materials
- Video promotional pieces to promote the internship site to students, on social media and on the Openlab.
- Various tasks as assigned.
This spot is ideal for someone with WordPress Experience and has taken several of our department’s Web Courses. To apply for this spot, you must APPLY first to the CUNY Recover Corp at https://www.cuny.edu/recovery-corps/ and enter this PIN#: WPA159964 at the end of the application.
After applying too the CUNY recovery corps, send your resume and portfolio link to email@example.com, along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this spot.