Title: Marketing Intern
Work Location: Remote (with potential for occasional in-person meetings in Brooklyn/Manhattan)
Division/Work Unit: Community Engagement and Partnerships
Department: Resident Engagement Department
The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) in partnership with New York City College of Technology (City Tech) seeks to hire a skilled and creative college student to serve as a Marketing Intern from June 2021 – August 2021.
The Marketing Intern will work in support of the CITY TECH + NYCHA ARCHscholars program. CITY TECH + NYCHA ARCHscholars is a design studio lab providing NYCHA residents ages 16-24 years old the opportunity to work alongside architecture students at City Tech. Together the NYCHA and City Tech scholars collaborate on projects that enhance their awareness of critical design issues. Over the course of a semester, the ARCHscholars work to develop strategies for creating healthy and durable housing and community spaces for New Yorkers.ARCHscholars will co-publish/present academic documents, explore career opportunities in architecture and urban design, and participate in cultural enrichment activities, such as visiting local art and design exhibits.
Reporting to the NYCHA Resident Engagement Resident Programs Unit, the Marketing Intern will work 10-15 hours per week for a $800 stipend from June 2021 through August 2021. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design marketing collateral (flyers, brochures, social media content)
- Create video promotional pieces to promote the ARCHscholars program to students on social media and the NYCHA website.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings
- Incorporate user experience design concepts to thoughtfully promote ARCHscholars
- Work independently and collaboratively while organizing workflow of designs to meet deadlines
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Customer-focused and professional demeanor
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar graphic design apps
- Clear and effective communications skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Self-organized, effectively manages time and meets deadlines
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use email subject: “ARCHscholars Marketing Intern”