Don’t miss these important Department Events This THURSDAY!• Thursday, April 29th, 12:30-2PM (Club Hours) – Faculty Face-OffProfessors go up against each other in a creative timed design challenge themed around the philosophies of Gordon Parks. Students choose the best work! Come root for your favorite professor!Watch the live stream from the COMD YouTube channel:To participate in the chat or heckling please login to your Gmail account.•Thursday,
April 29th, 5:30-7PM – Gordon Parks Panel DiscussionHosted by Professor George Larkins: The Life and Works of Gordon ParksWatch the live stream from the COMD YouTube channel:To participate in the discussion – ask a question, comment, etc, please login to your Gmail account.All voices welcome! We invite you to contribute to this panel discussion. For more info contact Professor George Larkins firstname.lastname@example.orgThe evening will begin by revealing the Best in Show from our juried exhibition of student work inspired by Gordon ParksModerated by Professor George Larkins COMDWith Featured Panelists:Dr. Marcyliena Morgan, Executive Director of the Hiphop Archive & Research Institute at Harvard University’s Hutchins Center for African & African American ResearchDr. Dionne M. Bennett, Assistant Professor, African American Studies Department, New York City College of TechnologyMichal Raz Russo, Project Director, Gordon Parks Foundation• Currently On-ShowDon’t miss the Gordon Parks Themed Student Art ExhibitionCheck out your classmates’ work here:
Dear COMD 4900 students, for Summer and Fall 2021
This social media spot is for Wintec, a small consulting company that helps businesses develop a successful CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
Job Description: Marketing/Social Media/Office Intern
employment type: part-time internship
We are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial candidate for an internship working with Liz Wolfe, a coach for entrepreneurs. This position will support the marketing efforts of Ms. Wolfe’s ongoing workshop and seminar series. The ideal candidate for this position will have an interest in social media, advertising, and traditional marketing. They will also be a collaborative member of our team who is eager to learn and passionate about making a positive impact in the world.
We will support you in getting a solid foundation of skills that are resume ready!
Activities will include the following:
– Maintaining social media marketing campaigns and accounts
– Creating email publicity campaigns using MailChimp
– Simple website maintenance and upgrades
– Collaborating to create and edit marketing and publicity materials
– Some light office administration work
– Conducting research in support of marketing and publicity campaigns
– Making follow up phone calls to prospective and existing clients
– Editing videos
Training provided for the chosen candidate. Flexible scheduling available ranging from 10-15 hours per week. All work will be done online due to COVID. The candidate must have access to a working computer.
– Team oriented
– Strong writing skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and various social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
– Experience with Photoshop, WordPress, Dreamweaver, or another basic HTML programming a plus
Read more about Liz at lizwolfecoaching.com.
Hello COMD students,
The CUNY Cultural Corp internship application has been extended until April 16th. Click here for the application link. These are paid internships with a year commitment. Reply ASAP if you are enrolled in the Fall 2021 internship or plan on enrolling in the Spring 2021 internship. More details on this program are at the CUNY Cultural Site.
See this video below to learn about the Cultural Corp. Experience:
Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff
The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for providing support for the firm’s marketing department through a variety of channels. The Graphic Design intern will report to the Marketing Manager and will assist with the development and design of brand collateral.
• Design clear engaging graphic communications for print and web. This will include marketing/communication brochures, direct mail pieces, social media graphics, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
• Work closely with Marketing Manager to translate messaging concepts into marketing materials.
• Assist with the production of digital artwork for the campaigning of law firm affairs, as well as grassroots, community, and cultural activations.
• Meet with manager weekly to discuss the creative direction of marketing/advertising goals.
• Preferred degree of study in marketing, communications, graphic design, or closely related field
• Individual should be able to craft and execute a vision with creativity and style
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Ideal candidate will be energetic, task-oriented, and creative with strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Ability to communicate well with others and maintain a professional demeanor
Between 10-15 hours per week (60 hours total) for spring 2021 semester, if work is to satisfaction the internship will carry into the summer. Work hours will be structured around school schedules and related deadlines. Most work is performed during standard business hours, however, can be completed after business hours – class schedule pending. PUBLIC FACING WORK WILL BE ELLIGIBLE FOR PORTFOLIO USE.
Cecy Ramirez Executive Assistant to Michael S. Lamonsoff, Esq.Law Offices of Michael S. Lamonsoff, PLLC.Financial Square at 32 Old SlipNew York, NY 10005Phone: (212) 962-1020www.msllegal.com