Pushkin Industries, a new audio company co-founded by author and pod-caster Malcolm Gladwell and Jacob Weisberg, former chairman and editor in chief of the Slate Group, is looking for a social media intern. Successful candidates will have experience across a wide range of social media, basic Photoshop and graphic design skills, and experience editing video and audio content. Candidates will work 10-12 hours a week at $20/hour and this position is available immediately.
For details about the position, see the attached PDF
*This is a PAID internship opportunity*
Adobe Design is seeking an Experience Design Intern to join our Creative Cloud product design team here in New York City.
This is a team formed specifically to define how Adobe enables the modern designer to do their best work by considering how collaboration, creative inspiration, and AI integration come together across multiple surfaces in the Creative Cloud ecosystem. We are a team of designers, working with product, engineering, and executive leadership in defining the next generation experiences across mobile, web, and desktop apps.
- Identify user needs and build consensus around those needs
- Quickly visualize and prototype ideas to communicate concepts
- Construct beautiful, functional interface designs that work in concert with platform technologies
- Participate in peer design critiques to give and receive critique
What you need to succeed:
- Senior in a college degree program, preferably in design with an emphasis on graphic design, HCI, or related design field
- Mastery of Adobe Xd, Photoshop, and other design tools such as Keynote, Sketch, Flinto, and InVision
- Familiarity with iOS and Android design languages
- Experience with motion design and prototyping
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the creative spirit of the Experience Design team during your internship.
- Love of all things design
Learn more here
Are you interested in construction and lighting as well as communication design? Then, you should consider applying to be a Summer 2019 or Fall 2019 intern with Rich Brilliant Willing. The link to the internship application is below:
Lighting for Work and for Play
Thinking of COMD 4900 for this summer? Then, apply for a Brooklyn Navy Yard Internship. They have design spots and the pay is $15 an hour. They have two sessions of internship:
Session 1: Monday, June 3 to Friday, July 26, 2019
Session 2: Monday, June 24 to Friday, August 16, 2019
We’ve had City Tech interns at the Navy yard in the past and have one student working there now. So, don’t wait, apply. Go to the application site at:
These internships are paid and you can use them for credit for COMD 4900 if they are in the design side of the house or involved in web development, etc. The dates are June 17th through August 9th.
See link for details:
- they are looking for 25 interns this summer–so let a City Tech student be among them.
CUNY and Cultural Service Corp Application
Dear COMD students,
The CUNY service Corp Application is now open and this year, the Service Corp and the CUNY Cultural Corps applications are now combined. These internships are paid and involve a one year commitment. These spots can be used to earn credit for the COMD 4900 internship IF you are offered a design spot.
Link to the application is below. The deadline is in late March but don’t wait, APPLY Now!!
These internship are paid but you must also be enrolled for college credit per their guidelines. Not all the internships suit COMD students but they do have a production internship and a PR internship that might be of interest.
Sesame Street interns
Internship for in house creative department at Turner Presentation + Design Group. The intern will work closely with Designers and Art Directors on various projects (not just presentations) Knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Keynote & PowerPoint are required. Workfront is a plus. Majors in Graphic Design, Advertising, Art Direction or Communication Design are encouraged to apply.
Duration: June 3 – August 9, 2019
- Positions are paid
- Students are expected to work normal business hours: M-F, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (depending on department needs)
- Candidates should be undergraduate students who are entering their junior or senior years and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Assisting design team with asset management, design support.
- Assisting the Operations team with daily project management tasks.
- General studio tasks such as file organization, assembling comps, ordering supplies.
- Participation in a team project with other interns (ongoing through end of internship)
- Final selection is made by the Turner Human Resources Department
Apply here via the City Tech Portal
AdFellows Program: The AdFellows program is an industry initiative to connect emerging diverse talent to careers in marketing. The program places recent graduates with a Bachelors degree and an interest in marketing and advertising in an eight month fellowship that allows fellows to experience marketing from both the client and agency side while touching four distinct areas of the integrated marketing function. Fellows participate in four eight-week rotations at companies such as Verizon, McCann, Weber Shandwick, Zenith/VM1, Momentum Worldwide, Rauxa, R/GA, MRY/Moxie, Integral Ad Science, Accenture and others! Throughout all of it, the fellow is front and center, with hands-on activities that give fellows the opportunity to contribute their skillset and knowledge to begin a successful career in the brand marketing industry. These roles will primarily be based in NYC/NJ with the possibility of rotations in Miami (relation assistance is provided, if eligible).
AdFellows is specifically seeking CUNY students to participate in the program. To apply, complete the application below by 11:59 PM, March 3rd:
Hello COMD interns,
A City Tech alumni stopped in this morning about an internship opportunity with a client of hers, Direct Print, Inc. Direct Print, Inc. is seeking someone to help in two commercial print shops in Harlem. This spot is best for those COMD students who wish to pursue graphic design. They are seeking a Adobe Illustrator Graphic Artist for their Vinyl Department as well as a Copy Center Operator to prepare digital printing small format graphics, including wall murals, computer-cut adhesive vinyl, etc.
This is a print shop and, like all print shops, it is a manufacturing plant so mixed in with the design work will be hands on running of print equipment. The company’s web site is at:
If one of these spots is of interest to you, then send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The owner of the company is Kevin Williams and you can address your cover letter directly to him. This internship spot is not paid so you should be enrolled in COMD 4900 to take this internship.
This is a new employer for the COMD department so please reach out to me after you have had an interview with them to let me know your thoughts on the job.