This spot is not an internship but a full-time freelance position for six months, possibly longer at Global Brands. Detailed job description is attached below as a PDF:
The Professional Development Center has informed me that the Brookyn Navy Yard is seeking interns for Spring 2018 in Communication Design to assist with branding and marketing, etc.
The deadline to apply is November 30th. You will need a strong resume, cover letter and portfolio for these spots. But I know we have many students who will meet their requirements.
Flyer is attached.
Brooklyn Navy Yard_Spring 2018 Internship
This is a great spot for an advertising COMD student or graphic design. Please see job description attached. It is an unpaid spot but it is for a well-respected non-profit organization in Springfield, New Jersey. See the PDF below for detailed job description and also contact information for sending your resume, cover letter and portfolio.
social media marketing intern position.09-29-17
We heard about this position through Devir Shirky so if you are interested in learning more about this organization before applying, don’t hesitate to send Prof. Shirky an email.
Brooklyn Navy Yard Corporation is currently seeking a Campus and Events Associate to support campus operations, help create community, and help execute events. This role will start part-time at 20 hours per week with the intention to expand to full time. A strong fit would be candidates interested in startups, technology, and creating community, with strong customer service and operational skills. More information is listed below.
Please share this great opportunity with the students!
Campus and Events Associate
Provide On-Campus assistance in day-to-day operations:
- Support daily Campus operational needs including reception duties, greeting visitors, mail distribution, and general tours
- Maintain a clean and organized campus environment including cleaning and restocking the kitchen and storage areas
- Coordinate with vendors for daily campus needs and events
- Conduct research and prepare reports for a variety of Campus-related projects
- Manage Campus communications including communication to members and staff about visitors, campus functioning and equipment
- Support projects related to business development, campus procurement and enhancements
- Create and edit systems and procedures guidelines
- Coordinate on-site meetings
- Assist with execution of produced events and third party events
- Coordinate venue logistics for events and assist with venue maintenance
- Conduct outreach to event speakers
- Handle visitor passes and registration
- Have the ability to operate audio and visuals during events
- Set and rearrange campus furnishings for all events and daytime programming (ability to lift heavy tables, chairs, and equipment is necessary)
Marketing and Communication for Events Program
- Build content for external and internal websites, newsletters, and invitations
- Manage eventbrite account
- Update social media content calendar
- Track RSVPs and schedule invitation sending and lists
- Maintain visibility of events for members and partners
- Assist Programming Manager with On-Campus Programming & Mentor Network
- Maintain and input data on Campus Programming Calendar
- Populate NYC Members calendar with relevant events and opportunities for members in the NYC tech ecosystem
- Create office hours and events on company platform
- Contribute to internal newsletters
- Build campus posters and marketing material using Canva or similar graphics software
- Assist with speaker communications, sending visitor passes and access to campus
- Set up conference rooms in preparation for daytime programming
- Assist with outreach to mentor network, communications with mentors, and maintenance of mentor office hours
- Conduct research and prepare reports related to mentor network
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply through our Career Services Management System “CityTechConnect” or submit an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campus and Events Associate” in the subject line.
Program Coordinator, Professional Development Center
New York City College of Technology, CUNY
The AIR department here on Campus is seeking a web design intern for 10 hours a week at $13 an hour.
So, if you have taken 2 web courses, consider applying for this. The AIR department is right here on campus. Air stands for Assessment and Institutional Research. See the City Tech website at http://air.citytech.cuny.edu to learn more about this department.
I know from past interns who have worked in this department that you do have do be a self-starter but that you do gain practical experience working in this department and connect with quite a few other departments and you do sometimes interact with Faculty Commons interns as well.
Tammie Cumming email is email@example.com.
Any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org