Women’s Press Collective Contact Information

As I mentioned during class, the Women’s Press Collective is a place that regularly works with City Tech interns. Natalie Alcide, the College’s valedictorian this past year, did her internship there. The cover she she helped design for their print publication is above.

You can also get a sense of what an intern’s experience is like by checking out Kim Mohammed’s internship blog at¬†https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/kmohammed/career/04-internship/

Lisa Daniels is our main contact there and supervises the interns. The email to reach her is at womenspresscollective@yahoo.com.

As I mentioned, they are print-based and so this is not a spot for a web or video student unless you have a strong portfolio in those areas already and are interested in learning more about the traditional media of print or are interested in learning about a grass roots community organization.

I know one student contacted me via email asking for the WPC information and I thought I’d answer her and give you all the information as well.¬†