Demi Moore and Beyonce

I think there’s more difference than similarities between Demi Moore’s and Beyoncé’s maternal shoot. First is the time these were shot. They are almost two decades apart. Demi Moore’s photo is simple and minimal but it is very strong. It’s only the subject’s nude body and the plain background. There is no distraction. I like lighting as well. It highlights the different areas of here body and it’s easier to see on a bare skin. This photo was controversial at the time because this photo was taken in 1991 and the world was completely different than how it is now. They thought different and this was basically new to them. Especially how women were viewed back then and this photo broke the norm. This photo would’ve been easily accepted today. May be if the photos were switched with its time, it would’ve matched. Beyoncé’s photo isn’t strong as Demi Moore’s to me. Beyoncé has lots of props and there are lots of colors which creates distraction but I like the playfulness. I like the composition and the pose. I like that the subject is centered on this photo and it works well and the light is equally distributed. On Demi’s photo, she’s is off centered and it is quite pleasing to the eye in this composition. Her pose is perfect. I like that she tilted her head up a bit and didn’t look straight in the camera. This picture looks even better in the vanity fair magazine.  

One thought on “Demi Moore and Beyonce

1. rmichals

I agree that the Leibowitz photo is stronger as a photo than Erizku’s however the Beyonce photo was one of the most popular on Instagram in 2017.

Good lighting is more powerful than all the props in the world.