For my final project I chose the topic of recycling of plastic bags. Since my major is advertising I would like to make a campaign which will exposes the problem and drives to an action. It will include hashtag #plasticfree, The 5 Gyres Institute logo, website link.
- The mood of the text is serious, shocking and it pushes to an action.
- My audience is men and women, age range 18-60.
- The approach is literal.
- I am thinking of including photo of people for one idea and using still life for other.
- Male and female models
- Ideas will include plastic bags for first photo shoot and reusable bags for second one.
- 2:1 or 4:1 lightning ratio
For my final project I had 3 photo shoots with different ideas. First photo shoot and the following included still-life and the goal was to “set up” the problem of recycling plastic bags. I used a small globe and plastic bags for showing a ratio of the problem. First two visual solutions have dramatic light set up and minimum Photoshop manipulations. Second two visual solutions have smaller light ratio and photos are not that dominant in the final campaign. I blended original photos with a plastic texture and it gave a filling of a polluted ocean’s bed. Also I added a few simple silhouettes of plastic bags for enhancing the filling. In my opinion this two visual solutions best articulate the problem.
Last photo shoot was meant to “set up” a possible positive solution. In my version of the solution I am pushing people towards not using plastic bags and instead start using reusable bags. Portraits look light and happy.