COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Discussion for Week 9

Week 8’s Sadman Hafiz posted the commercial I picked to discuss. I learned that Colin Kaepernick is the primary person in the advertisement by looking at it. This commercial demonstrates Colin Kaepernick’s willingness to speak up for his beliefs. “Believing in something even if it means sacrificing everything,” says a statement in the advertising. It is a great quotation to utilize as an ad since it demonstrates Nike’s strong Colin Kaepernick to the audience. The significance of believing in a course of action or policy, even if it means losing money or receiving bad criticism. Sadman Hafiz mentions Colin Kaepernick’s anti-racism demonstration. Also, because of the colors black and white utilized in the advertisement, one may interpret the idea of implicit racism and colorism.

1. Ebony Derrick

I agree with the quote on the ad and with your statement. There will always be someone or a group of people that disagree with what you put your beliefs and hard work into. It can even be people close to you that disagree with you, but I think that as long as you’re true to yourself and stand up for what you believe in then others will see an opportunity or feel safe enough to stand up and speak up with you.