COMD3504 - Section OL69 - Spring 2022

Angela Iacono-Discussion 3

The super bowl ad I chose was the Irish Spring ad. I thought it was really funny and it was very clear as to what is was referencing, which was the Wickerman and Midsommar. Both of those horror movies about cults were the inspiration for this commercial and I think it worked really well. They danced around the Irish spring bottle at the end, which was entertaining and funny in my opinion. I also understood the concept immediately, which I think is important for ads especially super bowl ads. This was definitely the most entertaining ad along with the Guy Fieri flavortown ad for BudLight.

1. Iqra Bhatti

Hello, Angela.

I didn’t watch this commercial but it’s funny and scary at the same time. The video starts scary, but by the time it gets to the end, it’s as if you didn’t watch anything scary.
    I adore watching scary movies, but as they get to the middle, I want to turn off the television and run to my bed. lol

2. Sadman Hafiz

Yes! I agree it was very funny, especially towards the end when they started dancing around that bottle.

3. Simonlei

The commercial that you chose was very emotional in terms of the variety of feelings they wanted the viewers to experience. There was a sense of fear, suspense, laughter and enjoyment. Overall fun choice!