I look forward to working with all of you this semester to make some interesting and meaningful pictures. I hope that we will all have fun and learn to be better photographers. The good news about photography is that you can make a great image with any camera.
We have a lot of technology we need to be able to share and communicate about our photos.
- Zoom-Class meetings will use Zoom. A meeting link for each class will be sent to your City Tech email.
- OpenLab-Course information, course content, and assignments will be on OpenLab. You will use Openlab to submit lab exercises, quizzes, and comments on your classmates work. Please join this course. Instructions below.
- Flickr-Photo homework will be submitted via Flickr. You will need a Flickr account. Please join the class group. You should have received an invitation to join. If not search for COMD 1340 Photography 1 OL89 Fall 2020 and request to join.
For each homework assignment, upload your work to Flickr and organize it in an album. Send your best work to the class group to participate in the class critiques.
- Blackboard-Your grades will be here. You are responsible for checking your grades during the semester and bringing any mistakes to my attention.
- Artstor.org-This is an amazing database of images that we will use for some assignments. Please make an account using the Library number on your college ID card.
Join this Course
Login to your OpenLab account to join this course. Follow these instructions if you need help joining this course.
If you’re new to the OpenLab, follow these instructions to create an account and then join the course.
Remember that your username and display name can be pseudonyms, rather than your real name. Your avatar does not need to be a picture of your face–just something that identifies you on the OpenLab.
If you have any questions, please reach out via email or in Office Hours.
If you need help using the OpenLab, you can consult OpenLab Help or contact the OpenLab Community Team.
Leave a Reply