Robin Michals | COMD 1340 Photography 1

Final Project Statement

I decided to include a series of lifestyle portraits in my final project. This concept appeals to me because I want to capture every moment, such as life situations. Lifestyle portraiture is all about telling a story and capturing the subject in their natural environment. The main goal is to make the person feel comfortable in their own environment so I’ve been planning a trip to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden for the past several days. It’s cherry blossom season, and the cherry blossoms have begun to bloom, so I’m going to take my family to explore the garden this week. I’m planning to use a close-up shot and a medium shot for this concept, among other techniques I’d like to try on this trip. On the other hand, my family is excited to go to the trip and will have the moment to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the cherry blossom festival. Some of the elements that I’ve been planning is to make the photography more elegant and beautiful. I’ll try and experiment with the aperture and the ISO and see if the photos can become detailed with the concept.

https://app.milanote.com/1NJzcH1AwWu22m/moodboard

1. rmichals

You have a clear concept for a one week project. This is however a three week project. What are you going to do for the other two weeks that will make a cohesive whole?
    Shooting in the cheryy blossoms can be beautiful Remember that you don’t want to shoot your subjects with the direct light on their faces.

Also, I can’t get in to your milanote board. Can you change the permissions so robinmichals@gmail.com can have access or send me a screen shot?