Look at your 100 ligatures. If you haven’t finished the 100, catch up. Of the ones you did, follow the instructions below:
a) From the 100, you’re going to chose 3.
b) From those 3, using the FONT SETS I give you and the fonts available on your and City Techcomputers, you’re going to build them digitally. You can either scan your sketches or eyeball them, moving the letterforms until they’re just right.
c) In your Font Sets, I’ve included some italics if you want to experiment or use those instead.
1. Use Illustrator
2. Put each letter on a different layer
3. Use the transform tools to hide what gets in the way
4. Dim the opacity on the inert layer to allow you to combine the letterforms correctly. You might fine that you have to adjust the placement.
5. Use pen tool with 0 STROKE and White solid to draw around the curves and unite the two letters
Fill one sheet of six panes for each of the 3.
The first one is the hardest; once you get your workflow down, it’s cake.
6. Make a PDF and upload in the assignments section.