Type Challenges are design assignments and discussions
- Students will reinforce the typographic principles of the course through observation and critiques of current
- Challenges are paired with projects and course assignments thought the semester. They are structured to be completed in class within specific time and design guidelines.
- Select one serif and one sans serif typeface two letters create two 4×4 inch compositions combing the two letters in a dynamic way. Explore scale, repetition, and rotation within the composition, do not stretch, or distort the original forms. Black and white.
- Use InDesign, Illustrator PS, create a document
- Create a new post named “Last Name_First_Name_ TC_LS
- Give it categories “Student Post Type Challenge” “Type Challenge Letterform Studies”
- Save your work as jpg named: “Last Name_First_Name_ TC_LS.jpg”.
- Insert jpg INTO your post.
- Comment on at least one other students work. Try to give your assessment in terms of what is working or not clear. “loving or “liking” or “being blown away” by work is OK but not helpful. What and why the work is successful and what is not working is key in refining and improving work
- Specified time or 11:30PM the night before next class
- Add assignment resources or readings