Crazy About Ice-Cream storyboard

Definition: a screenplay is the script of a movie, including acting instructions and scene directions.

A screenplay describes all the scenes of your video in detail. It is a tool to be used during the filming and editing. The story is broken into scenes isolating each action and location.

In the intro write the names of the actors and explain who they are (friend, brother, sister, cousin …). If important to the actions, describe what the actor(s) are wearing. Be aware that colors can have a big part expressing your ideas.

Mention the locations (bedroom, street, park …)

The screenplay will have all the lines that the actors will say.

Below is an example of how you should write and present your screenplay.

Title: Crazy About Ice cream

Director: Valeria Trucchia

Actor 1: Valeria, wearing a bright pink t-shirt and hat that look like an ice-cream, eating a strawberry ice-cream.

Actor 2: Elizabeth, Valeria’s friend, wearing an orange t-shirt and eating an orange ice-cream.

Actors: other friends, wearing bright colors t-shirts similar to the ice cream flavor they are eating.

Locations: Gowanus in Brooklyn, street views and a bench in a park.

SCENE1

Location: sidewalk in front of an ice cream store.

Valeria walking and talking to the camera about how much she loves ice cream.

Valeria: Everybody love ice cream, but me, I’m crazy about ice cream. When I am having a bad day, ice-cream saves me. And when I am happy I can’t help to have an ice-cream to celebrate my day.

SCENE 2

Location: sitting on a bench in a park.

Valeria is looking sad.

Action: a hand holding an ice cream is entering the frame and handling it to her.

SCENE 3

Close-up: Valeria eating a huge fresh made strawberry ice cream cone. She is wearing a pink hat of the same color and shape of the ice cream.

SCENE 4

Location: sitting on the same bench in a park.

Valeria is smiling eating the new ice cream.

SCENE 5

Location: sitting on the same bench with her girlfriend Elizabeth.

Both eating an ice cream cone and having a good time.

Camera on Elizabeth: She is wearing an orange t-shirt and eating an orange flavor. Camera on Valeria: She is wearing a bright pink t-shirt and eating strawberry flavor.

The video can end here or we could add this other scene if it is possible to find other ice cream lovers.

SCENE 6

Valeria and Elizabeth sitting on the same bench with several girlfriends, 4 or 6 would be great.

Each one is eating an ice cream cone with a flavor and a t-shirt of the same color.

A Storyboard tells your story visually

Definition: a sequence of drawings, typically with some directions and dialogue, representing the shots planned for a movie or television production.

To show your ideas for your story you can use simple drawings. They are called storyboards. They are images with short text describing the scenes, a little bit like a graphic novel.