Imaginary Being Project

For the imaginary being project, I created a three-headed monster. He’s part cyclops, part angel in disguise, and part cartoon. I set the monster in front of rays of light resembling the iconic Virgin Mary look. That’s where grayscale and value come im. The further away from the creature the darker it is, for example, the corners are the darkest. The artwork is made completely out of magazine cutouts.  Almost the whole creature is made from all kinds of texture from clothing. Ranging from scarfs, plaid suits, trench coats, dresses, and even lingerie. It also has life in it like butterflies, a plant and an eyeball. I feel like that makes it contact to actually living things. I decided to add color only to eyes, noses, and mouths. The focal point is the whole creatures itself, just like a Virgin Mary picture.  I think I did a pretty good job not losing the creature into the background, that was my biggest concern. The details are the most important to me like the halo, the ocean in the sunglasses, or the shine on hair resembling a smile. The overall artwork has a good balance, one side is not overpowering the other.

1 thought on “Imaginary Being Project

1. Sajjadul Alam

First off, I really like you’re 3 headed cyclops. It looks really cool, I also like your background, the background looks shiny like the sun is hitting one of the heads. I also like how one of the cyclops is wearing like a shirt I like how that stands out.