- Coordination Site:
If available, a cloneable model course contains learning outcomes, suggested weekly topics and projects, video resources, quizzes, and more.
Development of each student’s strategy for entering the design profession. Faculty and professional advisors critique cumulative work. Students work independently with faculty supervision to edit and refine their design work to develop a portfolio that meets professional standards.
For the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Realistically assess their design strengths, and plan a strategy for entering the profession and advancing on a career track.
- Develop a portfolio that meets professional standards and reflects their chosen career objectives.
- Design a portfolio appropriate for the physical and creative requirements of the contents.
- Design and print a personal graphic identity program.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interview process and proficiency in interviewing skills, personal presentation, and presentation of creative work.
The following syllabus presents the college approved course requirements, learning outcomes, suggested weekly course outline, etc. Your students should meet the defined learning outcomes and COMD Standards, but please adapt the weekly outline, project guidelines, and grading scheme, as needed.
- COMD 4801 Syllabus (google drive)
This course utilizes the following Open Educational Resources (OER), zero cost resources, and/or required textbook :
Please review and share the following resources with your BFA students.
- COMD Student Advisement
- Grace Gallery – BFA Show Submissions
- COMD Student Clubs
- Ink Club
- Art & Design Club
- Moving Pixels club
- OpenLab Help
- Blackboard Support
- Tutoring Schedule
- Atrium Learning Center
- City Tech Library
- Student Counseling Center
- Center for Student Accessibility
- Financial Aid Office
- Academic Advising
- Student Life & Development
Print this page