WEB ANALYTICS & TRAFFIC
In this course students will learn how to effectively direct traffic to a website. Topics will include implementing Web Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, and Search Engine Marketing. They will analyze data and assess reports on traffic to web sites; learn to write content to rank for key search terms, and to choose appropriately, and implement the best strategies that help to drive traffic to web sites.
For the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Implement strategies to drive traffic to a web site via link building, social media, viral content, paid advertising.
- Write appropriately for users to find their web site through search engines (e.g., Google, Yahoo!, Ask).
- Layout and design web pages to drive traffic through a web site to lead to an appropriate conversion
- Get search engines to index pages and send traffic to a website.
- Analyze where the traffic is coming from, who their users are, and the successes and failures to gain traffic and convert visitors.
The following syllabus presents the college approved course requirements, learning outcomes, suggested weekly course outline, etc. Your students should meet the defined learning outcomes and COMD Standards, but please adapt the weekly outline, project guidelines, and grading scheme, as needed.
- COMD 3563 Syllabus (google drive)
If available, a cloneable model course contains learning outcomes, suggested weekly topics and projects, video resources, quizzes, and more.
This course utilizes the following Open Educational Resources (OER), zero cost resources, and/or required textbook:
- Web Analytics Demystified Eric T. Peterson Celio Media Group ISBN:0974358428
Please review the Distance Education and Continuity Best Practices. These standards apply to all courses, whether web-enhanced, hybrid, or fully online, and may be used to inform peer evaluation of teaching.
Please review and share the following resources with your BFA students.
- COMD Student Advisement
- Grace Gallery – BFA Show Submissions
- COMD Student Clubs
- Ink Club
- Art & Design Club
- Moving Pixels club
- OpenLab Help
- Blackboard Support
- Tutoring Schedule
- Atrium Learning Center
- City Tech Library
- Student Counseling Center
- Center for Student Accessibility
- Financial Aid Office
- Academic Advising
- Student Life & Development
Print this page