Introduces a variety of basic layouts and formats are introduced, building technical and practical fluency in setting and working with type for both print and screen. This course further explores topics learned in COMD1167 Type and Media, such as the typeface selection, and the use of the typographical grids. Problem solving for most common typographical problems are discussed.
For the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Select appropriate fonts for specifically themed assignments.
- Create a variety of documents and layouts in industry standard applications.
- Integrate typography with imagery such as photographs and illustrations.
- Use tools and software correctly. Apply all theory and vocabulary introduced in COMD 1167 throughout the course.
The following syllabus presents the college approved course requirements, learning outcomes, suggested weekly course outline, etc. Your students should meet the defined learning outcomes and COMD Standards, but please adapt the weekly outline, project guidelines and grading scheme, as needed.
- COMD 1257 Syllabus (google drive)
The model course is available for cloning on the OpenLab. Simply login and click on the “Clone This Course” button on the Course Profile or the Course Site. Contact the OpenLab Team with questions.
If you use Blackboard, review the Model Course Site content and structure, and transfer to your Blackboard course. Contact the iTEC Team with questions.
This course utilizes the following Open Educational Resources (OER) and/or zero cost resources:
Please review and share the following resources with your Foundations students.
Print this page