Sequential art and graphic narrative are developed from concept to finish. A variety of wet and dry media is explored. Assignments reflect the diversity of the marketplace: editorial illustration and social commentary, illustration of books, poems, magazine articles, short stories, posters, book jackets, annual reports, etc. Good drawing, painting, design, compositional skills, and conceptual ability are emphasized.
- Demonstrate an ability to conceptualize visual images from written material.
- Develop an individual, stylistic approach to illustration.
- Approach illustration in depth rather than as superficial description.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the handling of mixed media.
The following syllabus presents the college approved course requirements, learning outcomes, suggested weekly course outline, etc. Your students should meet the defined learning outcomes and COMD Standards, but please adapt the weekly outline, project guidelines, and grading scheme, as needed.
- COMD 3513 Syllabus (google drive)
If available, a cloneable model course contains learning outcomes, suggested weekly topics and projects, video resources, quizzes, and more.
- COMD Student Advisement
- Grace Gallery – BFA Show Submissions
- COMD Student Clubs
- Ink Club
- Art & Design Club
- Moving Pixels club
- OpenLab Help
- Blackboard Support
- Tutoring Schedule
- Atrium Learning Center
- City Tech Library
- Student Counseling Center
- Center for Student Accessibility
- Financial Aid Office
- Academic Advising
- Student Life & Development