Spring 2020 English 1121
Unit 1 Lecture 3 Handouts
Homework Due Thursday 2/6/20
- In your textbook, Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing, read Issue 2: Strategic Reading.
- According to the authors, Fredrick Douglas uses Ethos, Pathos, Logos, and Kairos to strengthen his argument. What examples do the authors provide?
- What is the difference between analyzing and synthesizing a text?
- What reading strategies do the authors suggest readers use when reading? Which of these strategies have you tried? Have they been helpful? Explain.
- Be prepared to use these strategies to analyze a text in class on Thursday!