A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

11/7 writing proposal

I want to teach my audience the importance of making change without causing more negative outcomes than positive outcomes. The audience I want to reach is the people in my age group and this can go for anybody but however it’s for those who are seventeen through twenty-five those who are still very young and at their peak to make changes. I want them to understand we can always want change and want the best with our idea for change but that may not always be the case as the consequences can be negative. The genre I’m planning to do is a short story. I chose a short story because it seems the most attractive thing to do for my audience as my audience should be mature enough to read something that long but won’t be bored and lose track of what I’m saying. I plan to get started with talking to people I know about change this is rather my main goal ask different people on their opinion on making change and having my short story be based on two people one character who tried making change for a good reason but ended up with negative outcomes to whatever that character wanted while the other character wanted change for the better but saw the consequences and tried to tackle it different and was successful with that characters outcome. My worries is am I going to be able to go through with this plan as it might take a lot of thinking and a lot of time. Will this short story work out? Will this short story be entertaining enough to keep my readers in check? Finally my last question is, is my main idea of this writing going to be good enough and is it correct for the format?

By the way professor Cole can I change my idea and not write it off unit 2 or does it have to strictly follow unit 2?

1. Cesar Perez

I admire your motive on creating change that will generate more positive results instead of negative results, this year already has brought more bad instead of good. I also admire your realization that life is unpredictable and that even though motives for an idea are good at first. The results can turn out to be opposite of what you hoped to have achieved, but even though that’s apart of life and we live and we learn. Furthermore, I like how you want use the concept of creating a short story involving two characters and two different outcomes where, one is good and the other one is bad. One question I have for you is that, “is there a specific change that you have mind and are you aware of the outcomes of the change”. Nevertheless, I am optimistic and curious that you’ll be able to create a appealing story that’ll capture the interest of the audience.

2. Darien Vazquez

What a great topic to get engaged in. I feel change should always be taken in action especially if it’s about bettering yourself and not worrying about bad outcomes. I highly agree with your target audience because young adults are the ones that have to make the most sacrifices in order for their future, those are the most challenging times in life trying to get yourself together the best way possible. Let me ask you this though, you say you want to have a new motive for change with positive outcomes but are there any changes you can think of that will for sure have great outcomes? A short story with this topic is best to recommend being that you don’t want your readers bored and lost with information so useful to them and you just to keep it very spot on for people who are already confused. I would recommend in your short story you give a real scenario where change in the world can highly turn out better than before or vise versa, change that can bring you down in life. Or even use both just to give the message that no matter what change has its ways whether it’s good or bad.