Quote #1: “This is something like reading an essay that relies too much on quotations. Readers get the feeling that they’re moving from one quotation to the next without ever quite getting to hear the real point of what the author wants to say, never getting any time to form an opinion about the claims.”

Response #1: Having a lot of quotes in the same paragraph or right after each other can always be confusing. This is because you can’t really process that the purpose of having the quotes in there.

Quote #2: “When this frustrated reader walks away from your work, trying to figure out, say, why you used so many quotations, or why you kept starting and ending paragraphs with them, she may come to the same conclusions”

Response #2: When starting a paragraph with and quotation and ending it with another quotation it will cause confusion because when ending with a quote where are you going to give support to the quote. You can’t go backwards and say your evidence first and then end off with a quotation.

Quote #3: “Heres an actual example from Alexandra. Notice the way she builds up to the quotation and then explains it”

Response #3: The author is saying Alexandra is hyping up her quotation before getting to the quotation. Once Alexandra then gives the quotation she explains what the quotation means.

Quote #4: “Readers get a sense of pleasure from the safe flow of hearing how to read an upcoming quotation, reading it, and then being told one way to interpret it. Prepare, quote, analyze.”

Response #4: When the author builds up to the quotation and then after reading the quotation you get to know what the quote means will most likely not leave anyone confused about what their reading.

1. In this reading, I did learn a few things and also had a little refresher. The writer speaks about what not to do when having a quotation. For example, he would give something what not to do and then give a solution to that and will say the correct way. He also shows the format when using a quotation. He says when writing you must build-up to the quotation and then say the quotation then after you explain what it means.
  2. “The major stumbling blocks of any battery-electric car are range and the time it takes to recharge. By 2040, things could look very different, with battery-electric cars capable of driving up to 250 miles on a single charge and taking a 75% charge in as little as 15 minutes.” Before saying my quote I was talking about 2020 electric car battery then I gave my quote. After saying the quote I then talked about what the quote means and my thoughts with it. I believe the quote was very straight forward giving information on what 2040 could like for electric car batteries.