A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Proposal

For this unit I would like to teach my audience the impact of their transition and what it has on the people in the neighborhood and also the neighborhood itself. We already know the cause or atleast the process but many people aren’t aware of the effect because they are blind to it. The audience that I’m trying to reach are the folks who are blind to it, not knowing what’s truly happened because they are the cause. They aren’t doing it intentionally, a deal is a deal, and being able to get an apartment for a ‘good’ price in certain cities most people wont turn down. The genre that i’m planning to write is informal or historical fiction, dating things back so that it’ll be able to differentiate the pass and the present. Of course with time things change but they normally change for the better, in this case it’s half and half it benefits one while torturing another. Also news articles because with gentrification can cause so many things, for example like headaches, the consistent sounds of machinery going on, which can lead people to having a bad day and so on. What I plan on doing to get started is to talk about the current and later talking about the past and conclude on the tie that they have on one another. The one thing that I might be concerned about is holding everything together and not losing my audience in my writing.  Trying to make it interesting while still being informal. I tend to have a tendency of rambling on especially when it comes to my explanation. Also when explaining the evidence I tend to make it so that it’s geared one way. I want the audience to be able to decide and actually gain knowledge.    

1. Lisa Cole

Excellent, Mariam!

2. Germaine Amoussou

I like when you said “the audience that I’m trying to reach are the folks who are blind to it, not knowing what’s truly happened because they are the cause.” Because they don’t living  those neighborhood so most of them don’t try to others and in those neighborhoods is most of crime happened all. The average income is growing up and if you don’t have Jobs or money you can’t moving to better neighborhoods. Are you going to talk about the middle classes people? Some of the history that happened to people like  African-American? How this effect our City and yours City? To compare the past, present, and the future to your audience? and you said you are going to talk about and I want you to talk about the cause that make to people of color and American. Are you going to talk about other country that have more issues than U.S? What are you plan to improve in your essay to your audience to be interested to them.