A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Research Question

My research question is, “Are electric cars taking over the car industry.” I’m interested in doing research on this because I have a love for cars. Ever since I was really small I wanted to know everything about cars. For instincts, if I see a random car driving on the road I want to be able to know the exact make and model. Now that the car industry is changing and becoming more futuristic everything is getting more complicated and there’s a lot to learn. The electric car industry is completely different from gas cars and I want to know how are they both still running the same. Which car has more parts? Which car has the most expensive maintenance? What will the future be for the car industry?

In my research, I expect to have all the answers to my questions. I expect to have a good understanding of electric cars and if it will be better for us to drive electric cars than gas cars. I want to find all the disadvantages and advantages of driving an electric car. I want to find out what other car business owners think about electric cars.

If I find information that goes against what I’m trying to research such as, “Gas cars will always be ahead of electric cars” I would still write about it. The whole point of me doing this research is to learn more about electric cars because I have no clue about them besides that they’re electric. If I find information about gas cars being more successful in the future than electric cars I will write about gas cars because there’s still a lot of things I don’t know about the motor vehicles. There’s also a lot of other people that know about cars so if my research helps other people have a good understanding of cars then that’s a success for me.

Genres that I think might give me good information will be documentary. I’ve seen a show on Netflix comparing electric cars and gas cars and I think it could be helpful when doing my research. In addition, I think news sources can help because every day there’s something in the news about cars. It sometimes is a good thing and sometimes it’s a bad thing. So I will be going back in time and check the news sources and see all the positive and negative on electric cars every since they came out.

1. Lisa Cole

Leon, you did an excellent job getting your first draft of the introduction for your annotated bibliography together. It’s well thought-out, and covers pertinent ideas for development.