Quote 1: “For me and most of the other writers I know, writing is not rapturous. In fact, the only way I can get anything written at all is to write really, really shitty first drafts.”  -3rd Paragraph 

Response: I never thought about writing a really “shitty” draft on purpose. Some people might think it’s a waste of time but I can see that when writing a shitty draft you can get everything down in your mind and let it go all over the place and when it’s time to write your final or a rough draft you can just pick apart what you want to add and what you don’t.

Quote 2: “Even after I’d been doing this for years, panic would set in. I’d try to write a lead, but instead, I’d write a couple of dreadful sentences, XX them out, try again, XX everything out, and then feel despair and worry settle on my chest like an x-ray apron.” -5th Paragraph 

Response: This quote shows me how passionate she is when it comes to writing.

Quote 3: “Eventually I’d go back and sit down at my desk, and sigh for the next ten minutes” -5th Paragraph 

Response: I have mixed feelings when it comes to taking a break when comes to writing. I get that it’s good to relax and take a break so you can finish strong but for me, I feel I would get lost and not know how to continue if I take a break.

Quote 4:  “Almost all good writing begins with terrible first efforts. You need to start somewhere. Start by getting something — anything — down on paper.” – 10th Paragraph 

Response: I agree with this. When writing a story I believe it’s better to start somewhere random when trying to think. I think it’s harder to start from the beginning to end than starting from the middle and working around it.