Philosophy

My Philosophy of Nursing

I believe that nursing is the protection, care, promotion and the optimal effort that is put to facilitation of healing, profound presence during and through the time of suffering of diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy being in front line in the care of individuals,families, groups, communities and populations. I believe that nurses are held at a very high professional standard . I learned of the accountability of the profession having gone through a school that based their nursing education on Jean Watson “Philosophy and Theory of Transpersonal Caring “. The core concept of the theory is a relational caring for self and others based on a moral/ethical/philosophical foundation of love and values.

I believe that as a nurse, I will not allow low esteem to affect my nursing practice. I will continue to further my education through seminar, training and other career learning.The future of nursing is at a point that nurses are now part of decision makers in the legislations and I know I could be responsible for the decisions that affect millions of lives. I understand that as a nurse, I must have compassion and understanding  for all human in any circumstance. I have to be respectful and kind and not be judgmental / biased to others . I will always be respectful of every individual and whenever in care give sense of dignity and self-worth, irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, culture.

I have nurses with whom I remember my positive encounters, these are people I call great nurses. As a nurse I have to perform my duty to the standard of the profession, abiding by the rules and regulations governing the profession.With all the necessary education that I have acquired, I will work with patients without prejudice or bias, I as a nurse, understand that the profession has its dignity which I will always uphold in my work place, proper treatment of my patients, respect for the employer and the facility. I will always work as a team member in the nursing profession because with team the patient gets the best care. I will always work to the best of my ability, show empathy in my care,never allow myself for burnout because, I can only do much knowing that if I do my work today diligently and wisely, I will live to pursue the best for my patient in the future.

Reference

Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring. Retrieved February 20, 2017. from

https: //nurseslabs.com/jean-watsons-philosophy-theory-transpersonal-caring/