What Can I Submit?
- Single/Splash Pages
- Double Spread Pages
- Comic submissions
- ONLY Original art
Final Art Specs
- 300 dpi resolution
- PDF or JPEG
- Single Page – 6.625 x 10.25 inches
- Double Spread – 13.25 x 10.25 inches
1. Title your submission “FirstName_LastName_Anth”. If you’re creating a comic, save each page separately and title each “FirstName_LastName_Anth2018_1”, “”FirstName_LastName_Anth2018_2”, etc.
2. Email your submission to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Anthology Submission’. Attach your files!
3. In the email include:
- Full Name
- A few sentences either describing your work in terms of inspiration, or general artist statement
- Social Media url/Handle and/or website url,
4. Double check everything and hit send!
All work will not be accepted. Only approved artwork will be printed the final product. People accepted will receive their own copies of the anthology.
So for the anthology we ask that you create thumbnails before going into a refine sketch, and then finished the final art work.
“But what’s a thumbnail?” To help clarify what we mean and expect at each of these steps, we’ll explain and also link to some examples from artists for visualizing.
Now that we have our printer in place, (Thank you Rolling Press!), we’re planning our timeline for when the anthology should be done. The goal is to have the books done by MoCCA Fest.
Timeline and deadlines are subject to change! So be sure to stay updated!
*Edited to include comic process
Final Concept, Rough Sketches & Comic Summary – Dec 7th
- finalize concept
- begin sketches for final piece
- Comic with beginning, middle, and end
Refining sketch & script – Jan 4th
- begin final line work
- begin final colors
- fleshed out script
Submit final pieces – Jan 25th
- 300 dpi pdfs/jpegs
- full name, mini bio, website/contact
*Updated on 11/9/17
We’re excited to announce that the theme for our first anthology is ZODIAC!
All participants will submit an illustration or short comic based on the theme. You may choose to design your own version of a zodiac, delve in Chinese zodiac or other cultures, or even maybe tell a story with a zodiac or more! The choice is all up to you.
How can I participate?
Your work will not be submitted into the anthology if you do not make any thumbnails, sketches, and share work for critique. This is meant to be a professional project and will be treated as such. That said, all skill levels are accepted, we only require that you put the work into your submission.
Where do I start?
Research. Research. Research. Start brainstorming what you may want to do. Look up inspiration of other artists, books, or shows. SKETCH OVER AND OVER. Your first idea will not always be your best.
We’ll be giving a more detailed timeline of when you should be finishing up preliminary sketches down the line, as well as spec details. For questions, ask us.